AnimeNation Forums

Go Back   AnimeNation Forums > Official Forums > AnimeNation.com

AnimeNation.com Ordering and product questions, suggestions and feedback for the AnimeNation Store.

Old December 12th, 2010, 01:14 PM   #16
Animematt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus18 View Post
I sure as hell hope not, Though I still don't want to move to America for a number of reasons which I won't go into , Although this has to do solely with Canadian customs. I know this because I've ordered hentai through a local business and they said it comes from a warehouse nearby and I have over 26 hentai titles including Bible Black: Origins which is banned by Canadian customs and yet I was able to obtain it through a legal purchase.
Are you sure it isnt a "dumbed down" version? Australia has soem video games that they edit almost everything on to make "legal".

Question to AN: Do you have to declare the title when you ship internationally?
Old December 13th, 2010, 06:56 AM   #17
Gene
Admin-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animematt View Post
Are you sure it isnt a "dumbed down" version? Australia has soem video games that they edit almost everything on to make "legal".

Question to AN: Do you have to declare the title when you ship internationally?
Declaring them isn't a hard and fast rule. It's more about making the order total fit the customs form. For example, if you order 6 titles, but there are only 3 lines for items on the customs form, only 3 of the DVDs will be itemized. In many cases, we try to have it just read "DVD/Books", but honestly, it probably doesn't matter. They open what they open, and confiscate what they confiscate, and it often seems arbitrary, or up to the discretion of whatever customs person is handling it that day...
Old December 13th, 2010, 06:59 AM   #18
Animematt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
Declaring them isn't a hard and fast rule. It's more about making the order total fit the customs form. For example, if you order 6 titles, but there are only 3 lines for items on the customs form, only 3 of the DVDs will be itemized. In many cases, we try to have it just read "DVD/Books", but honestly, it probably doesn't matter. They open what they open, and confiscate what they confiscate, and it often seems arbitrary, or up to the discretion of whatever customs person is handling it that day...
That is...really horrible. I hear they do the same thing in Euroland as well.
Hope you can figure something out Nexus. It would suck to pay for something then have it taken away before you even got it in your hands.
Old November 20th, 2013, 04:19 PM   #19
beb

They don't just seize the order do they ? Cant you get charged or fined for trying to bring it in
Old November 21st, 2013, 04:45 AM   #20
Gene
Admin-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb View Post
They don't just seize the order do they ? Cant you get charged or fined for trying to bring it in
Haven't heard of anyone being fined or punished, they just keep your package. And I'm absolutely positive no customs agents are ever ever ever watching the confiscated video. >.>