AnimeNation Forums

Go Back   AnimeNation Forums > Official Forums > AnimeNation.com

AnimeNation.com Ordering and product questions, suggestions and feedback for the AnimeNation Store.

Old January 10th, 2011, 09:02 AM   #1
anime____4ever
that's how i roll

rent anime questions

1) what happened to the rentanime forum?? you just decide to get rid of it or somthing?? or am i posting this in the wrong spot??

2)missing dvds

Junjo Romantica - you have it for sale on AN and you even have a "buy" option on Rentanime, but you can't rent it??

Toradora/Persona/Pandora Hearts - all these dvds you have for sale at AN, so i would guess that you have them. however they are not available to rent.
so......what is up with that??

Fist of the north star TV - you have the new fist, but none of the old dvds. any info on that??
TOP 15 FAVORITE ANIME:Black Heaven, Sorcerer on the Rocks, 3x3 Eyes, Niea_7, Berserk, Dokuro Chan, Desert Punk, Samurai-X (oav), Saber Marionette J, Noein, Those Who Hunt Elves, Gokudo, Fruits Basket, Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi, Zipang
.....all are subject to change!!!
anime____4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2011, 07:18 AM   #2
anime____4ever
that's how i roll

are you kidding me???
its been like a week since i posted and NOTHING???
TOP 15 FAVORITE ANIME:Black Heaven, Sorcerer on the Rocks, 3x3 Eyes, Niea_7, Berserk, Dokuro Chan, Desert Punk, Samurai-X (oav), Saber Marionette J, Noein, Those Who Hunt Elves, Gokudo, Fruits Basket, Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi, Zipang
.....all are subject to change!!!
anime____4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2011, 07:37 AM   #3
Gene
Admin-guy

Yes, we're kidding you.

Fist of the North Star Movie and Legends of Dark Kings on order now.

Junjo Romantica, same.

Toradora. No plans to offer these for rent. They're very expensive sets not available in single discs, we get too much breakage and loss to offer Nis America titles for rent "Toradora, Persona, etc". Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anime____4ever View Post
1) what happened to the rentanime forum?? you just decide to get rid of it or somthing?? or am i posting this in the wrong spot??

2)missing dvds

Junjo Romantica - you have it for sale on AN and you even have a "buy" option on Rentanime, but you can't rent it??

Toradora/Persona/Pandora Hearts - all these dvds you have for sale at AN, so i would guess that you have them. however they are not available to rent.
so......what is up with that??

Fist of the north star TV - you have the new fist, but none of the old dvds. any info on that??
Old February 27th, 2011, 09:22 PM   #4
Madarame

Re: rent anime questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
Toradora. No plans to offer these for rent. They're very expensive sets not available in single discs, we get too much breakage and loss to offer Nis America titles for rent "Toradora, Persona, etc". Sorry.
That's a shame, as I often rent titles I don't know much about, and if I like them, I'll then take that next big step to purchasing. It would be great if you could work out some sort of deal with NIS America whereby they provide you single disks specifically for renting since I imagine many rentals lead to later purchasing.
Madarame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2011, 09:27 PM   #5
Madarame

Re: rent anime questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by anime____4ever View Post
This is a question also on my mind. If we want to suggest disks for the rental inventory or ask questions whose answers might benefit other renters, where should we now post such queries? Or is this forum workable as long as we include a RentAnime-related header?
Madarame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2011, 04:58 AM   #6
Gene
Admin-guy

You can post here, if it's something that's not best handled by just emailing service@rentanime.com directly. We had a forum for rentanime, but it just devolved into complaints about account issues that were best handled by calling or emailing. Happy customers don't tend to post on a support forum, so it ends up looking like all a company has are problems eventually...
Old June 7th, 2011, 05:22 PM   #7
Ohiotaku
Alien crybaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
I recently saw that Toradora & Wagnaria were going to be re-released in standard (instead of premium) sets. Any chance these series will be available for rent now ?

Also, are there any plans to make any more volumes of uncut One Piece available ?

"Why is it that the unhealthier food looks, the better it tastes ?" Asteria from Lagrange: The Flower of Rin-ne

Last edited by Ohiotaku; June 8th, 2011 at 02:53 PM.
Ohiotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2011, 04:58 AM   #8
Gene
Admin-guy

If the pricing is comparable to other DVDs we'll add them.

Will take a look at the One Piece situation...
Old July 26th, 2011, 05:13 PM   #9
perrandy

hi i'm a new member of this forum and i subscribed because i have a question for the moderator.i'm also a rentanime member and i would like to know why my dvds take so long to arrive to my destination.its my understanding that you warehouse is in tampa,right? well, it just happens that i live in south florida and for example rentanime sent me 3 dvds this past thursday 21 and now i'm on the 26th and i still havent received the discs!
is this normal?thank you in advance for any feedback that you may provide
perrandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2011, 05:33 AM   #10
Gene
Admin-guy

It's not normal, but we see unexplained delays in the postal system all the time. We've also had some system problems late late week and early this week, that were resolved yesterday. These mostly affected incoming DVDs though.
If you're a new member, give it another round to see if the next batch is faster, it's probably just a fluke on this shipment.
Old September 28th, 2011, 03:02 PM   #11
perrandy

dear gene i cancelled my rentanime subscription a little more than 2 weeks ago and i got billed for this month anyways.can you please tell me why that happened?
perrandy is offline   Reply With Quote