AnimeNation Forums

Go Back   AnimeNation Forums > Official Forums > AnimeNation.com

AnimeNation.com Ordering and product questions, suggestions and feedback for the AnimeNation Store.

Old October 11th, 2011, 06:24 AM   #1
fenrir72

AnimeWorks cr@ppy dvd packing practices

Already raised this issue. This is directed at AnimeWorks btw and not Animenation......................

"What the heck are you inhaling when you pack your dvds!" Sonuva*****!

Now that I got this off my chest, in a more diplomatic tone, Animenation, you're probably one of Animeworks' biggest customer, can't you "warn" them to shape up or you'll quit buying their products? I'm betting all the complaints of scratched discs are affecting your bottom line.

SentaifilmWorks( just ordered 2 products (that came in 2 and 3 discs set) were well mounted.........hence no scratches. Heck, Japanimation( Magical Girl Ai and Devil Angel Jbril's season 1 localizer) multi disc packs were much better than this.

I've been ordering from your company for over a year, I live overseas and that returning scratched discs is kind of costly. The last two sets I ordered were from AnimeWorks (Queen's blade Season 2 and Ikkitousen complete set) and all of them were like scratched to death.

This by no means condemns the company as a whole because they localize awesome stuff that I really dig( I separate the localizers from this rant) but their employees at packaging and distribution need to shape up!
Old October 11th, 2011, 12:31 PM   #2
ZeroRyoko1974
Mr. Zeroryoko1974 to you

The Squid Girl cases were a joke. I sent my first set back up that river in South America, and got back an equally crappy set. They are scratched but they play, so I just made backups. So I just found two old single disc cases on the shelf of old crap movies I don't watch and I am using them now
Old October 12th, 2011, 06:00 AM   #3
Gene
Admin-guy

This is true, Anime Works has by far the worst packaging (Followed by Bandai), we see a lot of discs come loose. Many times the scratches are minimal and don't affect viewing, but who wants scratched DVDs?
We're happy (ok, maybe happy isn't the right word...) to replace them, just let us know if they arrive damaged. Or, feel free to mention it in the comments field when placing the order, and we'll open the cases and insert bubble wrap or foam to keep them from coming loose in shipping.
Old October 13th, 2011, 12:42 AM   #4
fenrir72

Hi Gene. Thanks for the feedback. You (in a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the highest, you're a 10)as far as customer service is concern.

So Bandai too is another top culprit? Not surprised, 'cause I ordered Gundam Wing Endless Waltz via Diamond Publishing a very long time ago (before I learned of Animenation) and it was also loose in the Amray container......... (scratched as a cats' lair)

@ zeroyoko

Isn't it illegal to make back ups?

@ all Animenation customers (the legit ones who officially ordered that can be verified by Animenation and no spamming please)

Please respond via your user names( similar to honking your horn if you support this) if you ever received scratched discs from AnimeWorks (even if Animenation already replaced it which is not their fault btw) with your own "horror" stories. If I'm just a minority then AnimeWorks will probably ignore this post but if we get a critical mass of complaints, it might spur them to improve their products.

Last edited by fenrir72; October 13th, 2011 at 01:16 AM.
Old October 13th, 2011, 01:04 AM   #5
fenrir72

My story (recent purchases from Animenation)

1.Luv Wave#2 (no scratches) pre owned but an excellent example of a good DVD case holder from a hentai outfit at that
2.*Queen's blade volume#1 (no scratches)
3.*Queen's blade volume#2 (no scratches)
4.*Queen's blade volume#3 (no scratches)
5.*Queen's blade Season #2 set #1(ALL SCRATCHED) 2 disc set
6.*Queen's blade Season #2 set #2(ALL SCRATCHED) 2 disc set
7.*Urutsokidoji the Movie( no scratches)
8.*Twin Dolls (no scratches)
9.*Twin Angels (no scratches) 2 disc set
10.High School of the Dead (no scratches) 2 disc set
11.Samurai Girls (no scratches) 3 disc set
12.*Ikkitousen Dragon Destiny ( ALL SCRATCHED) 3 disc set

Legend: * By AnimeWorks/Mediablasters/Kittymedia

So the problem seems to be the design of the clip that holds the multi disc sets used by a particular company. Mind you, their solo disc items with the exception of TwinAngels( 2 disc also no scratches) were very much secure.

Last edited by fenrir72; October 16th, 2011 at 06:39 AM.
Old November 3rd, 2011, 12:59 PM   #6
magicalgirlj
phuhuhu

every time I open Squid Girl part 1, DVD 1 pops out
Old November 3rd, 2011, 02:49 PM   #7
Mikosage
Internet Superstar

Aliens.

On a more srs note, I volunteer to infiltrate said packaging agency and start punching ovaries for you guys.

-Soluzar
Old November 4th, 2011, 07:43 AM   #8
Gene
Admin-guy

Request approved. Good luck soldier.
Old November 4th, 2011, 10:51 AM   #9
SuiDream
When did Illya get a tan?!

That Squid Girl Part 1 case is the worst case type that I've ever seen. As someone above me said, I can't even open the case without one of the DVDs coming loose. Both of my discs came loose in the mail. Somewhat luckily, only the second was damaged. I contacted the retailer that I ordered it from and they sent me a new second DVD in one of those little envelopes and a new case. I'm sure retailers cannot be happy about these cases.
Favorite Anime: Sakura Trick, Maria-sama ga Miteru, Air, Kanon, Clannad/Clannad After Story, Toradora, Strike Witches, Kill La Kill, Monogatari, Kashimashi, Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha/Nanoha A's, Fate/Kaleid liner Prisma Illya, Saki, Spice and Wolf, Aria, Lucky Star, Anohana, ef, Steins;Gate
My Anime Collection, My Anime List PSN: SuiDream88
Old November 5th, 2011, 12:19 PM   #10
Mikosage
Internet Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
Request approved. Good luck soldier.
*salutes* Yes sir!

-Soluzar