AnimeNation Forums

Go Back   AnimeNation Forums > Official Forums > AnimeNation.com

AnimeNation.com Ordering and product questions, suggestions and feedback for the AnimeNation Store.

Old October 7th, 2011, 03:41 PM   #1
lftmatt

Horrible - What the hell?

Deleted this stuff. UPS' fault.

Last edited by lftmatt; October 9th, 2011 at 11:22 AM.
Old October 7th, 2011, 09:27 PM   #2
Jatz
No user serviceable parts inside.

Look at the tracking information, how far did the package get? You make it seem like that the package was near ready for delivery to your house since you were waiting for it. So how did UPS know to what town/city to send the package to without an address?

Last edited by Jatz; October 8th, 2011 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Typo.
Old October 8th, 2011, 01:53 AM   #3
Sora N

I have never had a problem with my orders from Animenation. I have always had great service and timely shipping/receiving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatz View Post
Look at the tracking information, how far did the package get? You make it seem like that the package was near ready do delivery to your house since you were waiting for it. So how did UPS know to what town/city to send the package to without an address?
I was wondering that myself....
Old October 8th, 2011, 04:33 AM   #4
lftmatt

It got to "Out for delivery."

All I know is someone screwed something up. It might not have been AN's fault, but UPS is putting the blame on them.
Old October 8th, 2011, 11:57 AM   #5
Gene
Admin-guy

Did you email or call us directly. It's not possible to ship something without an address.
Old October 8th, 2011, 03:38 PM   #6
lftmatt

I couldn't. It was 7PM on a friday. You guys are "closed" then. I'm only going by what UPS told me. Maybe they screwed up somewhere? (Wouldn't surprise me..)
Old October 9th, 2011, 12:12 PM   #7
Gene
Admin-guy

I suspect the label was damaged somehow in transit. We use UPS software to ship UPS, so of course a label can't be printed without an actual verified address. Let us know what it looks like when it gets there though, curious to know...
Old October 11th, 2011, 12:47 PM   #8
Levo
Sakura in Wonderland

Never assume the tracking is 100% accurate. I've had UPS & USPS tracking say "Out for delivery" but then not get it until the next business day.

"I am NOT a monster!" - Sakura Kinomoto (Cardcaptor Sakura)
Old October 11th, 2011, 02:05 PM   #9
lftmatt

I got the package today, and yes it WAS AN's fault. It had my name on it in place of the address... It says my name twice on the label with no address. Copy pasta fail XD

Meh, I still got it. If there's any problems with it, I'll be sure to complain over email or the phone XD
Old October 12th, 2011, 05:55 AM   #10
Gene
Admin-guy

Hmm, that sucks, I hate having to admit I was wrong...

It's pretty rare we have a strange error like this, so we'll take a look at where the problem happened. Sorry for trouble!

Mention this forum post and the problem in the comments field of your next order, we'll drop a 10% additional discount on it to make up for the hassles.
Old October 16th, 2011, 04:47 AM   #11
Jatz
No user serviceable parts inside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
Hmm, that sucks, I hate having to admit I was wrong...

It's pretty rare we have a strange error like this, so we'll take a look at where the problem happened. Sorry for trouble!

Mention this forum post and the problem in the comments field of your next order, we'll drop a 10% additional discount on it to make up for the hassles.
Better yet, have him PM you his name and address and when he mentions the post you'll have something to reference. As it stands now I could say I'm lftmatt and you wouldn't know, if you didn't already know my name that is. Then again, you'll have to check your PMs for it to work.

Still, I'd like to know how did it get to you? Was the address in their Maxicode? The address had to have been entered somewhere at some point to get to you.

Last edited by Jatz; October 16th, 2011 at 04:55 AM.
Old October 16th, 2011, 09:17 AM   #12
lftmatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatz View Post
Better yet, have him PM you his name and address and when he mentions the post you'll have something to reference. As it stands now I could say I'm lftmatt and you wouldn't know, if you didn't already know my name that is. Then again, you'll have to check your PMs for it to work.

Still, I'd like to know how did it get to you? Was the address in their Maxicode? The address had to have been entered somewhere at some point to get to you.
Valid point. Although my forum account email is the same as my order email. All they would have to do is check the emails, no?

Also, I'm pretty sure I verified my account via email as well, sooo.. I can't exactly fake the email either.