AnimeNation Forums

Go Back   AnimeNation Forums > Anime & Related Forums > Anime

Anime Discuss anime stereotypes, characteristics, genres, history and more!

Old October 16th, 2011, 08:27 PM   #16
KT Kore
Who ate all the gabagool?

Shiro Sagisu is my favorite composer but the Bleach OST is not one of my favorite works heh. It's still good stuff though.
Old October 16th, 2011, 08:48 PM   #17
Bernard_Monsha
Anti-Moe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. sickVisionz View Post
Bleach has great music period, whether you're talking about shounen, anime, television, movies, or great composers of the 20th and 21st century. Shiro Sagisu is a beast mode composer and Bleach has like 8 full albums of his music to pick and choose from that cover a wide variety of genres.
This is an example of quantity vs quality. I can't think of one OST track in bleach that is memorable except the traction one and that is because it reminds me of the Pointer Sisters.

"When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier when it's called 'The People's Stick' ." Mikhail Bakunin

"A citizen can hardly distinguish between a tax and a fine, except that the fine is generally much lighter." G. K. Chesterton
Bernard_Monsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2011, 10:56 PM   #18
Ryvius
Rising Phoenix

I forget Shiro Sagisu composes for Bleach. Should've been another long project... lol.
Ryvius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2011, 11:07 PM   #19
Arnold
Fresh Pink of Bel Air

The only time Naruto would top One Piece is in a "which show is lamer" contest.
"You're not fooling anybody when you say that what happened was a "natural disaster,". You're lying! It was not an earthquake, it wasn't a typhoon! Because what's really happening is that you're hiding something out there! And it is going to send us back to the STONE AGE!"
- Joe Brody, that kickass Godzilla trailer
Animenation-Godzilla says Hi!
Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2011, 12:02 AM   #20
Taleen
Paper plane~

I hate naruto..don't like that show..it's boring...

May Love Embrace the world

Taleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2011, 05:46 AM   #21
Brill
Shadowstalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard_Monsha View Post
Has a better than soundtrack than One Piece?

One Piece has better everything than Naruto.
Except for a main plot.

As to the OP question...I personally like the soundtracks of the Naruto over the first 250 epsiodes of One Peice. But the second half goes to One Piece because the Narutp Shippuden soundatracks are pretty poor.

Last edited by Brill; October 17th, 2011 at 05:58 AM.
Brill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2011, 11:19 AM   #22
Mr. sickVisionz
Your baby mama's favorite AN member

Quote:
This is an example of quantity vs quality. I can't think of one OST track in bleach that is memorable except the traction one and that is because it reminds me of the Pointer Sisters.
... Different strokes I guess. Shiro Sagisu is pretty great and the idea that he made 8 straight albums of poor quality music is hard to buy, especially having heard them.
Old October 17th, 2011, 11:53 AM   #23
Bernard_Monsha
Anti-Moe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brill View Post
Except for a main plot.
Do yioiu want me to pull out the picture diagram for you again since you forgot what the plot is and how it is progressing?

"When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier when it's called 'The People's Stick' ." Mikhail Bakunin

"A citizen can hardly distinguish between a tax and a fine, except that the fine is generally much lighter." G. K. Chesterton
Old October 17th, 2011, 02:39 PM   #24
KT Kore
Who ate all the gabagool?

Oh I remember this... Bernard vs. Brill Round 2 time? heh
Old October 17th, 2011, 02:57 PM   #25
Brill
Shadowstalker

Quote:
Do yioiu want me to pull out the picture diagram for you again since you forgot what the plot is and how it is progressing?
You mean the irrelevant diagram since you were incapable of finding the answer in the text of the manga itself?
Old October 17th, 2011, 04:04 PM   #26
Bernard_Monsha
Anti-Moe

Quote:
You mean the irrelevant diagram since you were incapable of finding the answer in the text of the manga itself?
No I mean the map drawn by Oda that shows the progression of the story.

Of course you, being irrational will insist it has no plot or coherent story because you are the only person I have ever met on the internet or real life who says otherwise. It is amazing everyone else can see progression in the story, in fact several stories running at once, except you. Of course this having more than one storyline may be very confusing to you hence you accusing people who DVD's on sale as thieves and the other insane things you have typed on the forums.

Old October 17th, 2011, 04:27 PM   #27
Hisoka
*Throws*

*Saves image*
Old October 18th, 2011, 05:06 AM   #28
Brill
Shadowstalker

Quote:
No I mean the map drawn by Oda that shows the progression of the story.

But I didn't ask you the final desitination of the story I asked you about the main plot. The main ploit is part of the story, but the "story" isn't the main plot. You've never been able to distinguish the two. That drawing doesn't show where One Piece is (it might be there, then it again it could easily might not), doesn't tell what One Piece is, doesn't tell how One Piece will make Luffy the Pirate King, or why obtaining One Piece will make Luffy the Pirate King.

Quote:
Of course you, being irrational will insist it has no plot or coherent story because you are the only person I have ever met on the internet or real life who says otherwise. It is amazing everyone else can see progression in the story, in fact several stories running at once, except you. Of course this having more than one storyline may be very confusing to you hence you accusing people who DVD's on sale as thieves and the other insane things you have typed on the forums.
I ask you to proivide your evidence from tha manga, is that so irrational? Yet you seem incapable of doing that It's an adult response not a "Liar, liar. Pants on fire" which seems to be what you're only capable of-and smear tactics. You can't even tell the difference between literary devices. You find it inconceiveable for the story to progress while the main plot does not. It's called side-arcs. Oda's been dishing them out for 10 years and you can't see it. That's fine if you don't. Some people like repetition. Nothing wrong with that. But don't call us irrational if we like our plots a little deeper.
Old October 18th, 2011, 05:53 AM   #29
Holy Knight
The Bearded Knight

Your point is somewhat valid, but... isn't that how every story progresses? Let's take a look:

One Piece:

- Guy wants to find One Piece.
- Stuff happens along the way.

Lord of the Rings:

- Guy needs to destroy ring.

Romeo and Juliet:

- Two lovers want to stay together.

Twilight:

- Vampires!

A Game of Thrones:

- Winter is coming.

Notice the pattern?

I think your qualm about OP is simply its length. Instead of enjoying OP for what it is, you're looking for typical plot points that don't really need to be inserted. There is a story to OP, it's just not so heavy on the plot-driven stuff like other stories because it doesn't need to be.

Chill. Grab a beer and enjoy OP's epicness for what it is.
Holy Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2011, 06:19 AM   #30
Bernard_Monsha
Anti-Moe

Quote:
But I didn't ask you the final desitination of the story I asked you about the main plot. The main ploit is part of the story, but the "story" isn't the main plot. You've never been able to distinguish the two. That drawing doesn't show where One Piece is (it might be there, then it again it could easily might not), doesn't tell what One Piece is, doesn't tell how One Piece will make Luffy the Pirate King, or why obtaining One Piece will make Luffy the Pirate King.
Since visual aids don't help let me explain this in very simple language for you.

One Piece is on Raftel at the end of the Grand Line, In order to be declared King of the Pirates you must conquer the Grand Line and make it to Raftel were it is located. There is only one way to get there and that is to navigate the entire Grand Line. Is it that complicated?

Quote:
I ask you to proivide your evidence from tha manga, is that so irrational? Yet you seem incapable of doing that
'
I have only done it at least 6 times previously just the fact you choose to ignore it and pretend it does not exist when it is plopped down right in front of your face then I can't help you. Did you not read East Blue, Skypeia, Water 7, Shabody, and the Whitebeard War?

Quote:
It's an adult response not a "Liar, liar. Pants on fire" which seems to be what you're only capable of-and smear tactics.
No it's called you are being irrational and stupid, and now you are mad because someone calls you on it.

Quote:
You can't even tell the difference between literary devices. You find it inconceiveable for the story to progress while the main plot does not. It's called side-arcs. Oda's been dishing them out for 10 years and you can't see it. That's fine if you don't. Some people like repetition. Nothing wrong with that. But don't call us irrational if we like our plots a little deeper.
For some reason I think you failed your literature or debate classes. You seem to be unable to understand that all the literary devices he uses are part of the story as whole from Oda's use of archetypes, Checkov's gun, and foreshadowing. He does not have "side arcs" outside the front page because he already established the structure of the narrative (refer to the visual aide). Their route is determined by the rules he set up since they entered the grand line (did you forget that?) and the only deviation they have had is a later interruption that was caused by something related to the plot.

Last edited by Bernard_Monsha; October 18th, 2011 at 06:22 AM.

Tags
a wild brill appears, enigma of why, mysterious why, naruto, naruto one piece, one piece